Monday, July 28, 2008

I Have Food Issues

Not only has it been noted on blogs, but it is a constant joke amongst my friends and family.

Naturally since I have food issues, I would be enticed to watch a show called "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern."




Some foods (or types) I don't enjoy.

1. Meat of any kind if it is served on a bone. Count me out, I won't it unless social protocol requires it. (ie if I'm a guest in your home, I will cringe through it.)

2. Food that "bursts open" in your mouth (grapes, blueberries etc)

3. Seafood of any kind

4. Tomatoes

5. Mushrooms

6. Beans of ANY kind

7. Milk

The list could go on, but I'll stop short and state there is no amount of money I could receive that would persuade me to eat live bugs or worms. I would do it to save my mother's life, but she'd better live a long time afterward.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Myers :)

I think we need to get a list of the food you do like, since these lists of foods that you dislike seem to cover so much ground (i.e. I *love* mushrooms and could eat seafood every day)...

For example, we could ascertain what your source is for the antioxidants that are gonna keep from getting Alzheimer's later on in life, since we know it isn't blueberries :) Also, does Omega-3-rich salmon fall under the seafood moratorium? Just looking out for your health, dear...

TW

myersen said...

TWJB- See my response under "Spoof." Doh.

Anonymous said...

M.,

I was just gonna say that you made a TW move in posting your comment in the wrong place; I did the same thing last week over on GoW's blog :) But this way you get comments on multiple items, so I guess it's all good...

Type Writer
p.s. I can be just JB to you :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE grapes. I love grapes like a mothafuckah. I would eat grapes every day.

And tomatoes. I do love those. I have serious mushroom issues, though. :)

myersen said...

I don't know what's up w/ me and grapes... maybe it's the tough skin around a mushy center. Ugh.

Tomatoes- I don't mind if they're minced or used in a dish, but you won't see me actually biting into one or putting any on my salad or sandwhich...

Anonymous said...

Wow, E, you got GoDub to cuss in print. She must really love grapes :) Don't get me wrong, I like 'em too, I just don't get street about it (love you, GoDub!!!)

I'm with you on the tomatoes, though. I like 'em in bruschetta and other Italian dishes but I don't care for them raw any more, even though I loved them as a kid. And it's been more than seven years, so there's goes that theory...

JB