Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Little Jab at the Red Sox




I have a coworker who is obsessed with the Boston Red Sox. I don't know if it's just my nature, but when I come across people who are completely steadfast and unyielding in their opinions, I attempt to find kinks in their resolve. Perhaps this is due to the fact there is very little in my life that I'm not constantly reassessing or evaluating. I feel just about anything is up for negotiation and discussion, but that's just me.

So. Manny Ramirez- I'm not going to discredit this man or his gift of being able to slug a ball. This picture is accurate. He looks like he smoked a big fattie, put on a uniform 2 sizes too big, and sauntered out to the field. His is the most nonchalant and unassuming athlete I've ever seen. Again, the man is blessed when it comes to baseball, but seriously... do you look at him and say, "Now there's a great ball player?"

Kevin Youkilis- When he's up at the plate, he looks like a maniacle lumberjack. He is so intense on the ball, it's almost like he's possessed. He would scare me in a dark alley. Seriously, anyone who looks like he does at the plate and has their name phonetically pronounced as "you-kill-us" is dangerous in my book.

I'm not even a baseball fan, but was prompted to write this b/c my coworker couldn't even concede to my opinion when I presented him with these photos. His excuse for Youkilis-- He's a Scotsman, what do you expect?

Um yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fattie. I'm still laughing out loud at that. You're so right.

myersen said...

Yeah... "joint" just didn't sound as funny. ;-)