Friday, February 15, 2008

You've got to be kidding.


Yes, I have a cat. I named her Yiddy, or Yiddy the Kiddy. I freely admit I am quirky and so the name Yiddy the Kiddy should be of no surprise to any of you.

I posted this picture b/c It looks to me as if she's saying, "You're shoving a camera in my face?!?! You've got to be kidding me..." Some of you have the pleasure of knowing Yiddy... She is diva supreme and she has no problem telling you who's boss-- It's clearly NOT me.

I received a call the other day from Citizen's Bank. As many of you know, I have recently become aware my identity has been stolen. Without going into extreme detail, someone was able to lift my social security number and open up 6 credit cards w/ over $60k of available credit. A savings account, checking count and CD were also opened in my name. It appears my evil doppelganger was using the credit cards to make cash withdrawals from ATMS and was putting them in her banking account-- also in my name. By the time I caught it, over $37k had been withdrawn. I began the process of calling on the accounts, filing a complaint with the FTC, and filling out an official identity theft affidavit. I then placed a hold on my credit so that any time credit was being requested in my name and ssn, I would receive a phone call before authorization could be granted.

Imagine my surprise when Citizen's Bank called me (the bank where there are multiple lines of credit cards and banking accounts) and advised me they had a person on hold on the other line, claiming to be me and complaining because her accounts had been cut off and was attempting to open another line of credit! I said let me get this straight.... The woman who stole my identity is currently "on hold," and she's complaining because I have closed her accounts and put a freeze on my credit? ( thus barring her from further use of my identity) I was advised yes, this was correct and the woman who is responsible for stealing my identity is on the other line. My mind starts reeling. I envision a helicopter and SWAT team circling this woman's house barging down her door and reclaiming my good credit score. Alas, this does not occur... It takes time to investigate, establish a paper trail, etc. I was so close!!!!!

Now, I'm a good person. I would never wish harm another human being, but my God, I would have killed to have a nice conversation with this woman!!! I hung up the phone in disbelief... My cat was walking by and I playfully threw a pillow at her. She stopped in her tracks and gave me the same look as described in the above picture, and that was exactly how I felt when I thought about the conversation I had just had... You've got to be f-ing kidding me.....

No comments: