Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Soundtrack for my Life... Well at Least Right Now Anyway.

I love music. This is not a revelation to many of you, as I'm always looking for, discovering, and listening to new music. One of my favorite assignments in class was to take song lyrics, decipher them and describe how I could relate to it. Even now, I could waste hours devouring song lyrics and apply not only the lyrics but the intrinsic melodies of each song. As I reflect back on my life I can attribute many memories with songs.

I was with friends last night. And as always, when we're having a laid back evening sitting on the patio drinking some beer... we start busting out our "Top 10" lists on various topics ranging from food, music. attributes, etc. Then songs became the topic. Listing 10 songs I most identify with over a course of a lifetime is an exercise in futility. There's just too many. Here, however, is the music that is currently dominating my play list. (And it's still more than 10!!) They are in no particular order.

1. The Garden- Mirah
2. Your Guardian Angel- Red Jump Suit Apparatus
3. Podigal- One Repubic
4. Many Shades of Black- The Raconteurs
5. Dreamer- Tony Childs
6. Innuendo- Queen
7. I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
8. Running up that Hill- Placebo.
9. Two Step- Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds live at Radio City
10. Sam's Town- The Killers (Live piano version)
11. The Kill- 30 Seconds to Mars
12. Jackie's Strength- Tori Amos
13. Politik- Coldplay
14. Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf- Killers.
15. Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you missed a few from the Backstreet Boys - I want it that way, or Everybody. Oh wait, was that supposed to be a secret?

myersen said...

JDK- what an honor! Figures out of everything I've written on here, THIS would be the one you make a comment on.
Top BSB songs were:
1. I want it that way
2. The Call.
3. Show me the Meaning of Being lonely.

Oh wait--- which one did Pat-rice dance to? Or was that MIB?

I'll have to come up w/ some top college picks... Does Ossified count? I get all swooney just thinking of it...;-)

Anonymous said...

E,

That Placebo song "Running Up That Hill" is a cover of a Kate Bush song from her "Hounds of Love" album... You should check out the original sometime; it's pretty cool...

S.

myersen said...

Thanks JB, will do!!! ;-)